I found this super cute tutorial on how to make the dog breed tea towel here and knew it was perfect for a Valentine's Day inspired print. I was super excited to make this because the 2 dog breeds Modern Dog Magazine chose as the stencils were dachshunds and chihuahuas. I would like to rant for a minute here and talk about how popular french bull dogs are in print form. Big brands like Forever 21 always uses frenchies or pugs. Definitely pugs too. Don't get me wrong, I love every dog breed and this is just jealousy talking but chihuahuas are my fave. I hope chihuahuas go more mainstream. I think it's time for Legally Blonde 3. Just saying. Ok rant over. Thanks for listening and nodding and thank you Modern Dog for including chi's and dachshunds for your print.
Back to the tea towel. The tutorial obviously suggests you use a plain white tea towel. However, I was a rebel and used a vintage plain white pillow case with pink crotchet trimmings that I got from a flea market. It turned out really cute and I'm proud of the outcome if I say so myself.
- solid white vintage pillow case
- dog stencil
- x-acto knife
- paint by Delta Ceramcoat - Lisa Pink (light pink) and Pop Pink (dark pink)
- paint brush
- paper and printer
- Print dog stencil
- Cut out the stencil with the x-acto knife
- Using the paint brush, stencil in the chihuahua print. It's easier to do this if the pillow case has no wrinkles.
- Stencil in the hearts. We used a heart stencil for this as well.
- Let it dry and you're all done.
Marie, Sheena, Daisy & Pixie