Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and here at Drool of Happiness, we have to spoil our favorite person (yes, person) who gives us unconditional love even if we haven't showered in 3 days; Daisy and Pixie. I was browsing Pinterest and found this super cute Peanut Butter Pupcakes recipe by Urban Bakes. Recipe is adapted by the super talented Connie of who obviously is a much better froster than I am. It's now my new goal to be a better froster this year.
Peanut Butter Pupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Yields 9 pupcakes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pomegranate juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line each standard size cupcake well with a cupcake liner; set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on low - medium speed, beat peanut butter, oil, bananas, honey and eggs until just combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix on medium speed until just combined. Scoop batter into each lined cupcake well about 1/2 - 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow pupcakes to cool to room temperature before frosting.
- Resist urge of taste testing pupcake. Nope, don't resist. Go for it.
- In a medium bowl, beat Neufchâtel cheese, almond milk, and pomegranate juice until just combined.
- Spread frosting over each cupcake.
We added the pomegranate juice to make the frosting slightly pink for Valentine's Day. Sheena and I taste tested to make sure it was worthy for our dogs and it sure was. We only had a full pupcake to ourselves.
The final pupcake on our chihuahua Valentine's Day tea towel which you can find more details about here.
Marie, Sheena, Daisy & Pixie