I love donuts to the point where I asked Marie to get me a donut tower for my birthday this year. Who needs a birthday cake when you can feast on donuts. Since Daisy's my fur child and BFF, I just assume we enjoy the same things. This is why for her birthday this year, we made her dog donuts and we are so excited to share this with you!
Makes 1 dozen mini donuts
1/3 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon raw honey
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Melt the coconut oil and brush inside the muffin tin. Trader Joe's sells a spray coconut oil that would be perfect for this.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg. Add flour and honey into the bowl and mix it until just combined.
- Fill each donut cavity until half full. It's easiest if you use a piping bag. I used a ziplock bag and it worked out totally fine.
- Bake 5-7 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool for 5 minutes in the tin.
- Combine a spoonful of cream cheese and mashed strawberries.
- Blend until combined.
As you can see from these photos, Daisy LOVED her dog mini donuts!! It was a special treat for her but of course Pixie had to come in and try to steal one before being given one. We got a shot of that too but since she looked like a zombie trying to eat a human head, we decided to only post the pretty photos of Daisy elegantly enjoying her birthday treat. You can enjoy a photo of zombie Pixie on her instagram account.
How do you indulge your dog for their birthday?