This week, it was "really cold" in Los Angeles and I got sick. Like, bam! you have a fever sick. Not like *cough cough I'm sick but I can still eat french fries sick. I haven't been this sick in a while and I was so bored with myself that I had a lot of random thoughts that I want to share with you. I call this thoughts of a dog lady that has a cold (I wish I was cool and could think of something punny).
- Dang it, I'm sick. And of course I'm totally out of tissues. I wish my dog would go to CVS and go buy me tissues but toilet paper will do. Thank goodness dad likes the double ply soft kind and thank goodness I stole some from his place.
- Ughh totally out of nyquil. I wonder if my dog could order some. Nevermind, whoever invented amazon fresh is a genius. Soup, juice, and nyquil delivered right to my door.
- I.can't.stop.sneezing. Oh my gosh, I wonder if my dog can somehow catch my cold. No way, that's beserk and that would never happen but I should ask google just in case. Phew, dog's can't catch a human cold. But I'm pretty sure my dog is special and is part human so I better not sneeze on her again.
- My dog totally knows I'm sick. I bet that's why even though she sleeps near my foot most of the time, she's sleeping right next to my face because she's worried about me.
- I feel so bad that I can barely take my dog out for her walk and all I can do is wait for her to do her business. I should talk to her about it. "Pixie, I'm so sorry but mommy is sick and doesn't have the energy to take you on an actual walk. Would you like me to book a dog walker? No, you're cool with it because you love me so much and you're just grateful that we get to spend extra snuggle time together!? You are my soulmate Pixie!"
- I'm so glad she doesn't mind that there are used tissues on the bed. A boyfriend would be irked but my dog totally doesn't mind.
- Thank goodness I have my dog to talk to since I can't talk to anyone in the outside world during this cold. I love you Pixie oh so much.
Have you had any of these thoughts before?
PS: If you have a cold and like to take the natural path as much as possible, I swear by this natural stuff called #IHaveNoIDeaHowToSpellThis (oscillococcinum). I buy it at my local whole foods or sprouts market.