I feel like even though February was a short month, it was jam packed for us at Drool of Happiness. Sheena started her new job, Pixie had an interview with Cuteness.com, Daisy started running in her prosthetics like real fast, and Pixie went through a fake pregnancy which I will post more details about soon.
- egg-chan: I've mentioned this before but Pixie doesn't like any toys. It's a sad puppy mill effect. I read online that many puppy mill dogs spend no time playing. That's why they have a harder time socializing and don't understand what toys are because they never had any. I tried to show Pixie how to play with toys and had her observe Daisy and the other dogs play with their toys but she just didn't get it... until my mom brought this toy back from Japan. It's their number 1 seller and I see why. For the first time ever, Pixie was all about it. It's this little plastic egg shaped ball that squeaks. It's gum friendly because it's soft texture. When you throw it, it bounces everywhere because of its shape. I'm so happy we found this toy for her!
- Lily Lolo mascara: As a general rule, I like to use drugstore brands for my makeup except for foundation and powder. I just think that the quality is so high these days and it's so much more affordable. I wouldn't consider buying $20 mascara because to me, that's expensive for mascara. But I also have a hard time with mascara because my greasy eyelids makes a lot of mascaras run and the panda look on me is not cute. So when I met Lily Lolo's mascara through my petit four box, I was stoked. It doesn't run at all and best of all it's cruelty free and vegan. It's got a thick brush so it's more of a voluminous look.
- @lilbabyboogie: As you may assume, I have a strong bias towards chihuahuas. I personally think they are the best breed ever. And of course when Pixie's Instagram feed suggested @lilbabyboogie, I fell in love. She's also a rescued chihuahua with no teeth and a side tongue. How could you not love this little girl!?
- Primal Pet Food: I wrote about how much Pixie loves her new food, Primal Pet Food Freeze Dried Nuggets so I thought it was worth mentioning it again in our favorites post. She's never barked for food but this one is totally different. I just can't get over how much she loves this stuff.
- Kissable Itchin' Relief: Pixie's got some sensitive skin. I think she has allergies but of course she loves rolling in the grass. She tells me that she's itchy but itching herself super loud (does your dog do this!?) I'm pretty sure it's her version of tapping her toes at me. Instead of itching it for her, I spray some of the itchin' relief for her and it works instantaneously. *Full disclosure - I work at The Dog Bakery but I'm not compensated for this review and all opinions are my own.
How was your February?